Bks Week: from Interviews to Delicious Dinners and a fun Events

    Ola! back at it with another one. I can't wait to share with you the wonderful adventures and unique experiences that went down this week!

Monday: Interview Success with Cancer Patient Services 

    My professional journey began this week with an exciting turning point. For a position as a student intern at their Hancock County location, I had an interview with Cancer Patient Services. Joanne Reinhart, the director of the program, was who I interviewed with. Joanne made the entire process feel more like a discussion than an interview simply by being friendly and inviting. Being able to land this  internship is something I'm extremely thrilled about! Starting this fall and having a significant influence excites me a lot.

Tuesday: Another Win with Green Star Tech

    I had another fantastic opportunity on Tuesday, which was to interview for the position as a Sales Manager at Green Star Tech. Despite the tremendous anticipation, I was able to maintain my composure. I'm happy to share that I also got this internship! I get to start two incredible internships this year as I'll be starting with Green Star Tech this summer. It will be difficult to balance both while taking 21 credits during the fall, but I'm eager to take on the task.

Mid-Week Adventures: Driving Practice and a Family Reunion 

    I set aside some time in the middle of the week to work on my driving. Although parallel parking is still my worst enemy, I've made great progress in both driving and parking since I started practicing. Even though it's a minor victory I'm happy with the progress.




    My brother got back from his trip to Atlanta on Wednesday. It made me very happy to see him! I missed his company but more than that, I missed his amazing cooking. He made us a superb pasta Bolognese  for dinner the night he came back (from Scratch, The man even made the pasta!); it was amazing! I couldn't even tell him how good It was. Lol, Can't have him being too confident around here.  He prepared an incredibly delicious Chicken Parmesan the following night. This man is a jack of all traits who is exceptional in his role as a doctor, cook, father, and husband.

Thursday: A Taste of Community Spirit in Colombia Heights 

    I had to go to an event of my choosing for my PR in social media class to cap off the week. I decided to go to a lively neighborhood gathering in Washington, D.C.'s Columbia Heights. The occasion served as a celebration of local businesses and artistic endeavors. I live-tweeted all the exciting events and activities, like taking salsa dancing lessons and discovering interesting local shops.

    The salsa dance lesson was one of the highlights. Although I always assumed learning salsa would be simple, it was really difficult! I had a great time and even managed to pick up a few steps despite the initial challenge. Additionally, I enjoyed talking with Ethnicitees, a black-owned company in the area that produces caps, hoodies, and graphic shirts. The event was enhanced by the owner, Sean, who gave interesting narratives about Juneteenth.


    District Heights, the event organizers, performed a great job, even providing complimentary meals to all guests and the local community. It was a beautiful day full of education, dancing, and camaraderie.

This week has been a mix of community engagement, personal development, and career accomplishments. From securing two fascinating internships  to improving my driving skills and enjoying my brother's delicious food. The Columbia Heights community gathering served as a wonderful way to wrap up the week and served as a helpful reminder of the value of ties to one's local community and culture.

Till we talk again next week. Chaw! 



Comments

  1. Loved hearing about your week! Sounds like it was busy but successful. I'm glad to hear that your interviews have been doing well and hope your professional journey continues to be successful. That pasta also looks amazing, now I'm wanting to try some! I have enjoyed reading your blogs so far, hope your summer keeps going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Biruk!
    What an incredible week you’ve had! Congratulations on landing not one but TWO amazing internships! That’s seriously impressive, especially with a 21-credit fall semester coming up. You’re going to do amazing! Driving practice is no joke, so yay for your progress! I still find parallel parking to be the absolute worst too! And can we talk about your brother’s cooking skills? That picture of the food he made looks so good! Homemade pasta and Chicken Parmesan sounds delicious also! Your week looks like it was the perfect mix of career wins, personal growth, and community fun. Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's in Ada not Columbus

Summer Highs and Lows

Bk's Summer Adventures